Support for AppleScript?

Suggestions? Comments? Features you'd like to see?
Boris
Dive Computer: HW OSTC 2C

Support for AppleScript?

Post by Boris »

Thanks for your latest release! Works great!

I would like to add meta data to images from MacDive back to Aperture whwew the images came from, eg depth and water temperate. The easiest way might be to use AppleScript. Do you intend to support AppleScript in MacDive?
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Support for AppleScript?

Post by nick »

It's not something I've thought about or have immediate plans to support, but it could be looked at.

I've had a request for something like this before. I've been considering expanding on the image support to allow writing some stuff like this back to the images, but I need to investigate EXIF a little further to see what kind of data could be stored, and how to make sure it works with various apps (like Aperture).
Boris
Dive Computer: HW OSTC 2C

Post by Boris »

nick wrote:I've been considering expanding on the image support to allow writing some stuff like this back to the images, but I need to investigate EXIF a little further to see what kind of data could be stored, and how to make sure it works with various apps (like Aperture).
Well, EXIF does not have a tag for water-temperature - as far as I know. And in Aperture you have no access to the original RAW file to set an EXIF attribute.

AppleScript might solve other "problems" or requests, like export in format XYZ, too.
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Well no, I wouldn't have thought it did, but I was curious if there was a place to store generic information.

As for exporting - you can already export in various formats. If there is info missing, let me know, but you should be able to get whatever information you need out of those and go from there, at least for the meantime.