Wisdom Download Issue

Problems ? Get help here!
phatchanse
Dive Computer: Sherwood Wisdom

Wisdom Download Issue

Post by phatchanse »

Hey Nick! I just downloaded MacDive and then installed the FTDI USB driver on my Macbook Pro. My OS version is 10.6.7. My dive computer is a Wisdom with the gray button and I bought an SDK200 download cable. When I try to download the dives from my dive computer I get the following message: "Download Error: Failed to read dive computer memory (Error code: -3)". I have not purchased Macdive yet but I would be glad to if it will work.
Thanks!
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Re: Wisdom Download Issue

Post by nick »

Is the device in transfer mode?

And have you followed the instructions under Troubleshooting Downloads in the help?
phatchanse

Post by phatchanse »

Sorry Nick. I'm just now getting back to this. I did try everything in the Troubleshooting guide. When I did the scan for serial port only one port was found, /dev/tty.usbserial-20030001 and I selected that port and started the download but I received the same error message as before. Any other ideas? Thanks!
TnT
Dive Computer: many

Post by TnT »

Follow the instructions in this topic: http://www.mac-dive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=407

Have you ever tried to download on Windows using the Sherwood software? If you have a Windows machine available can you try this?
libdivecomputer developer
Support the libdivecomputer project with a donation!
http://www.libdivecomputer.org/donate.html
phatchanse

Post by phatchanse »

I just emailed the logs from the diagnostic test. All I have at work and home are macs and I really hate to install software on someone elses computer.
Thanks,
bw
nick
Site Admin
Dive Computer: Shearwater Teric

Post by nick »

Hey there - thanks. Got your logs, and I'll reply via email.